The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced in hiring, recruiting, and managing large incident management workforce as well as knowledgeable with a deployment tracking system. This position starts at a salary of $137,849 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will Supervisory Management and Program Analyst. Typical assignments include:
- Serving as senior advisor to Environmental Planning and Historic Preservation (EHP) leadership on all cadre readiness matters.
- Implementing leadership intent for EHP incident management and support workforce requirements.
- Overseeing creation and updates of EHP incident management and support doctrine, guidance and job aides.
- Overseeing EHP integration into Field Operations Directorate and act as Cadre Certifying Official for FEMA Qualification System requirements.
- Overseeing maintenance of EHP incident management and support operational capabilities through transfer of knowledge and information.
Occasional travel - Non-emergency travel 5%.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542250400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.