See below for important information regarding this job.Learn more about this agency
- Performs direct compliance responsibilities for physically stored hazardous materials at the DLA Disposition Services site to include a 90-day hazardous storage facility and/or a Conforming Storage Facility for all hazardous materials generated.
- Coordinates a Conforming Storage Facility for all Hazardous materials generated throughout a state area or equivalent.
- Determines when permits are required, prepares or coordinates the preparation of the applications and resolves any problems to assure that permits are obtained at the right time.
- Performs tasks related to all technical aspects of the environmental disposal program at full service sites including Hubs, retrogrades, special contracts or unusual waste streams.
- Ensures the facility remains or comes into regulatory compliance.
- Conducts pre-receipt inspections of hazardous materials and waste generations.
- Provides technical guidance to field office materials handling personnel performing actual receiving/warehousing functions.
- Establishes and furnishes guidance to sales and reutilization personnel pertaining to the RTD/Sales of hazardous materials and waste.
- Furnishes guidance to DLA Disposition Services personnel pertaining to all applicable environmental regulations and policies. Implements and administers an Environmental Management System (EMS) for designated site(s).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542247500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.