The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of the Panama City, FL area as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in Individual Assistance programs under the Individual Household Program.
In this position, you will contribute to the development and implementation of emergency management recovery policies, plans, and procedures. Typical assignments include:
- Compiling, reconciling, and correlating voluminous workload data from a variety of sources with different reporting requirements and formats.
- Preparing project papers and staff reports.
- Assisting senior specialists with organizing and delivering briefings to managers.
- Establishing work assignments and setting priorities.
- Preparing and discussing formal performance evaluations with subordinates.
- Training and supervising personnel on the forwarding of completed documentation to the National Processing Service Centers (NPSCs) and ensuring that documents are filed appropriately.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542199900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.