The ideal candidate has experience developing and analyzing internal administrative policies and procedures through independent review, coordination with internal and external components, preparation of special reports, and extensive research and analysis. This position starts at a salary of $83,398 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Chief Security Officer team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In the position of Staff Assistant, you will be responsible for developing and analyzing internal administrative policies and procedures of the office through independent reviews, coordination with internal and external components, preparation of special reports, and extensive research and analysis. Typical duties include:
- Conducting research on administrative projects, analyzes the data to ensure all relevant facts are presented, develops options and recommendations, and provides comprehensive reports
- Analyzes policies to determine the impact and consequences of current Office of Security policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintains overall control of the official's schedule, determining matters to refer to other management officials, scheduling interviews, meetings and conferences
- Preparing a variety of written correspondence, memorandum, and columnar
- Tracking controlled correspondence, which requires coordination with persons outside of the immediate agency.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542186200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.