The ideal candidate for this position will have experience tracking and managing personnel actions, recruit packages and working with management This position starts at a salary of $67,737 (GS-11). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mission Support Division Administrative Services Branch Region VII team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will independently perform human resources liaison duties to address personnel issues. Typical assignments include:
- Providing advice on solving a range of human resources-related problems.
- Consulting with other professionals concerning on-going and established statistical studies or other projects where extensive methodological or subject-matter advice and interpretation is required.
- Initiating personnel actions in FedHR, tracks them through the various administrative levels of the organization and confirms effective dates.
- Coordinating pre-recruitment consultations with HR Specialists, job analysis, weighting plans, and specialized experience statements for some.
- Developing and conducting training and orientation briefings on principles and practices of maintaining an effective personnel management for new and existing employees.
25% or less - 25% domestic travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542163500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.