This position is located on the Natural Resources staff of the Ottawa National Forest with a duty location in Ironwood, MI.Learn more about this agency
This position has the responsibility of supporting managers and resource specialists in the use of geospatial technology and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for land, natural resources and ecosystem management.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Marlanea French-Pombier at 906-285-6893 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oversees data life cycle management.
- Works with managers and resource specialists to determine type, amount and level of information required to develop and analyze ecosystem management alternatives.
- Assesses quality, compatability, and limitations of various data used in a wide array of land management and planning efforts.
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of resource information and data to facilitate analysis across multiple disciplines including but limited to recreation, silviculture, planning, engineering and fire.
- Provides expertise and makes recommendations on the development and application of geospatial analysis processes, protocols and solutions to mission critical resource management issues.
- Manipulates and analyzes geospatial data to support resource management decisions for multiple resource, jurisdictional, and ownership units or a large geographical region.
- Compiles natural resource, topographic, and cartographic data for creation of thematic map products and presentation materials for multi-disciplinary resource management planning.
- Provides advice on the implementation, management, analysis, and use of geospatial information.
- Performs supervisory duties 20% or less of the time.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to attend meetings and trainings may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542151300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.