The ideal candidate will have experience in customer service and briefing; background in multiple security disciplines including evaluating and administering Single sign-on (SSO) physical and personnel security programs. This position starts at a salary of $99,172 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Chief Security Officer, Special Security Programs team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position you will be responsible for serving as a Special Security Representative (SSR) and the primary contact for all Sensitive Compartment Information (SCI) requirements. Typical duties include:
- Ensuring security policy and procedures are consistent with applicable security rules and regulations
- Serving as the Assistant SCI Control Officer responsible for establishing, managing, and controlling all collateral and SCI classified information and material within the Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) affecting FEMA's mission
- Performing a broad range of staff actions relative to having a working knowledge of multi-disciplinary security functions with emphasis on SCI requirements
- Preparing written reports and formal correspondence and developing and presenting oral briefings.
- Planning, organizing and directing studies to develop long range studies and forecasts and recommend methods for enhancing efficiency of security systems through modifications and applications of evolving technology.
25% or less - This position may require non-emergency travel (25%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542092900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.