This Deputy position is located in the National Center for Health Statistics, Division of Research and Methodology (DRM) and serves as a first- and second-level supervisor and manager with joint authority over the substantive programs, missions, and functions of the Division. DRM is the central methodological research, development, and collaborating unit for NCHS.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Statistician (Health) you will:
- Assist the Division Director in planning, organizing, and overseeing the activities of the Division of Research and Methodology (DRM), and develops goals and objectives that integrate CDC, NCHS and DRM objectives.
- Assist the Division Director in initiating decision-making processes and projects, and participates fully in discussions and decisions concerning NCHS and CDC plans, programs, and activities, both in strategic planning and in the actual determination, allocation, and administration of Division programs, functions, and activities.
- Provide authoritative advice and assessments of the impact of actual and proposed administration, Departmental or Congressional actions on the programs, functions, and activities of the Division.
- Develop and implement Division policies and plans, and makes critical decisions and provides expert advice and counsel concerning approaches and options that are sound and feasible in relation to NCHS and CDC goals and objectives and Federal budgetary and economic realities.
- Evaluate budget, fiscal, and administrative controls to manage Division program operations and services.
- Develop and make recommendations for the enhancement and improvement of the mission and functions of the Division.
- Develop plans and operations procedures, which affect the functions, program operations and activities of the Division.
- Make decisions on changes and additions to the programs and activities as necessary to accommodate growth and change in successive phases of broad research and data access activities.
- Assist in directing the overall planning of the multidiscipline research program of the Division toward the production of a continuing series of published reports, publication in professional journals and presentations at professional meetings.
- Assist in the oversight, management, organizing and directing of all programs and research activities, through subordinate supervisors.
- Represent the Division in dealing and negotiating with individuals representing other components of NCHS, CDC and DRM and other Federal agencies, including the Office of Management and Budget and the Federal Statistical System.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel domestically 5% of the time for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542086300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.