You will serve as the Deputy Associate Administrator for Planning and Environment in the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
You will work in close harmony with the Associate Administrator to cover the full range of delegated executive responsibilities for program, budget, administrative and personnel activities, with signature authority as delegated.Learn more about this agency
As a Deputy Associate Administrator, you will:
- Supervise the development and coordination of policies, guidelines, standards, procedures, and techniques, and supervise provision of technical assistance relating to FTA's responsibilities under the Metropolitan and Statewide Transportation Planning requirements, the Capital Investment Grant Program and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Department of Transportation (DOT) Order on the Environment, and the joint NEPA implementing procedures, as well as the regulations implementing Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act, among other environmental requirement.
- Represent and speak authoritatively for the Administrator and Deputy Administrator.
- Address meetings and participates in hearings, seminars and conferences with State and local governments, private organizations, industry, professional associations, and academic institutions to enhance the role of public transportation in making urban and rural communities more livable and function more effectively.
- Provide executive direction pertaining to the human and physical resources of the Office; evaluates performance of subordinate managers and supervisors and review evaluations made by managers and supervisors of subordinate employees' performance; initiate and/or review recommendations and supporting documents for promotions, recruitements, performance appraisals, performance awards, disciplinary actions, and other administrative matters.
- Review requests for new equipment, material, space allocations, and new facilities for accomplishing the work of the office.
The ideal candidate will serve as the Deputy Associate Administrator of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), Office of Planning and Environment. As the Deputy Associate Administrator, you will contribute to the mission of the office by providing executive direction pertaining to planning and environmental issues.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542072000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.