The ideal candidate for this position will have knowledge, understanding and prior experience in the fiduciary administration and management of Federal grant program awards and be familiar with relevant regulations and internal control practices. This position starts at a salary of $137,849 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Grants Program Directorate team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Supervisory Grants Management Specialist. Typical assignments include:
- Leading a Division comprised of highly skilled and certified Grants Management Specialists with financial policy and oversight responsibilities.
- Serving as an expert and advisor on complex grants management matters to the Director of Grant Operations and other executives on a routine basis.
- Providing strategic input on the development of Agency-wide grants management policies, practices and initiatives.
- Managing a multi-billion dollar and highly complex grants portfolio. Representing the Agency as a “Steward of the public trust” regarding accountability of and oversight of federal funds and administrative and audit processes.
- Providing technical assistance, training and mentorship as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the federal grants enterprise to recipients, subrecipients and other internal and external stakeholders.
25% or less - This position may require non-emergency travel (25%).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542049800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.