The Office of Chief Counsel, IRS, the largest tax law firm in the country, is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team and gain valuable experience in a legal environment. Our mission is to serve America's taxpayers fairly and with integrity by providing correct and impartial interpretation of the internal revenue laws and the highest quality legal advice and representation for the Internal Revenue Service.Learn more about this agency
As a Librarian (Law/Acquisitions/Cataloging), you will:
- Develops policies, plans and objectives relating to cataloging services and the acquisition work of the Library.
- Manages the operation and maintenance of the Library’s Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Coordinates all aspects of the Library’s acquisition operations, including budget and ordering oversight, receipt and acceptance, vendor relations, and provides related statistics and reports.
- Independently catalogs a full range of legal, tax, and business materials, including both original and copy cataloging.
- Serves as the Library’s lead cataloger, providing guidance on resolving problems and inconsistencies in the cataloging process.
- Administers and monitors the Library’s contracts and subscription agreements. Reviews statements and invoices and resolves billing problems as necessary.
- Knowledge of librarianship with special skills in the areas of acquisitions, cataloging, procurement, and budget management.
- Serves as the Library’s representative on key committees, task forces, and project teams on cataloging, acquisitions, and related systems.
Please note this list of duties is not all inclusive.
Occasional travel - A limited amount of travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542032500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.