The position is located in the Canada Institute at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. The Canada Institute is committed to building and strengthening the Canada-U.S. relationship by advancing dialogue and the free flow of ideas on key bilateral issues to help policymakers make more informed policy decisions when addressing shared economic, environmental, and security challenges.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will serve as the communications and publications coordinator for the Canada Institute and provides administrative, financial and project support for the Canada Institute program: liaising with funders and board members, and working closely with the other Program Assistant and Canada Institute staff; ensuring Wilson Center policy, practice and standards are in compliance. The responsibilities include:
- In consultation with the Program Director, assists in developing and executing the Canada Institute’s external communications strategy, including rapid response and coordination with media outlets, social media, and precise, professional outreach and communication with high-level contacts.
- Creates design layouts for program-specific meeting reports, briefing notes, program newsletters, info graphics, and publications.
- Conducts specific communication tasks including copywriting, editing and research.
- Maintains the program’s website and assists staff in developing appropriate contents.
- Coordinates with other departments within the Wilson Center to communicate the Program’s needs and carry out its activities.
- Provides administrative support for the Director on Program management, to include event coordination, fundraising outreach, and expense reimbursement.
- Assists the Program Director in coordinating and engaging with Canada Institute stakeholders, including new and existing funders, the Advisory Board, and alumni.
- Assists the Director or senior staff member in recruiting and overseeing Program interns for all cycles.
- Tracks expenditures for programs’ accounts and reconciles these accounts with reports provided by the Wilson Center’s Financial Management Office.
- Prepares purchase orders and contracts, and processes payments and reimbursements for the Director, staff, and invitational travelers.
- Reviews interim and final financial reports related to the Program’s budget, as required by Program funders and the Wilson Center.
- Arranges travel for the Director as well as the Program's invitational travelers, preparing travel authorizations and vouchers to reimburse speakers and staff members for travel expenses.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for this position.
07 - Employee will be eligible for promotion after 1 year. Promotion is not automatic or guaranteed. It is subject to approval from supervisor.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541957100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.