The Labs, Development and Testing Division, Fabrication and Development Branch (Code NEL20) is seeking a lead engineer to plan, design, develop and evaluate mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and structural equipment and systems for aerospace programs.Learn more about this agency
As identical vacancies are identified, additional selections may be made.
- You will serve as lead engineer and designer for long-term tasks and projects and coordinate the development of designs for large multi-purpose, multiple-phase projects.
- You will serve as adviser to engineers, project managers, management and contractor personnel, providing cost and man-hour estimates for design, manufacturing and testing tasks and give authoritative advice relative to design for manufacturability.
- You will perform extensive and in-depth designs for new systems or modifications to existing systems or structures and apply an advanced technical knowledge of methods, precedents, and standards to a broad subject-matter field.
- You will design or direct the development of unique or leading-edge technology, equipment, or systems to meet specific mission requirements.
- You will plan and coordinate assignments with other divisions, agencies and contractors to assure full integration of technical and operational requirements.
- You will evaluate design requirements and limitations of an uncertain nature, under which systems and equipment must operate.
- You will serve as a technical engineering specialist in the manufacturing, test, checkout, and readiness of systems or equipment that involve new concepts and new and varied problems to be solved.
- You will work closely with and collaborate with the branch manager on a wide range of functional and programmatic matters that contribute to the sound and effective operations of the branch.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541942600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.