This position is located in the Department of Compact Operations (DCO), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to GS-14/15, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band 3b/3a which is generally equal to GS-14/15.
The first list of applicants will be referred on 8/16/2019. After the first cut-off date, applications will be considered and referred, weekly, until a selection is made or on the closing date.
- Directs and/or participates in a variety of assignments associated with the management and oversight of the design, development, and implementation of Transport and Vertical Structures (TVS) programs and projects in MCC Compacts.
- Prepares plans for Compacts with TVS programs and provides implementation oversight and program management support to TVS projects at each stages of the project development cycle from planning, concept design, feasibility studies, detailed engineering design, and construction to commissioning as well as operations and maintenance.
- Leads/undertakes overall project scheduling, budgeting, quality assurance, change management, contract administration, and project controls.
- Directs and/or participates as a member of multi-disciplinary team overseeing country programs involving projects in one or more of the following TVS sub-sectors.: roads (i.e., multilane highways, primary roads, secondary roads, rural roads, urban roads, road operations and maintenance), airports, ports, railways, multimodal transport, trade facilitation and other transportation infrastructure, as well as vertical structures including schools, health centers, housing, terminals, and other building facilities.
- Manages the work of consultants and mentors more junior staff.
- Directs and supports the development of implementation plans for Compact programs and projects using appropriate project management tools and tracks implementation progress. Provides program oversight and monitoring to ensure adherence to timeline, budget, and MCC policy requirements.
- Works with MCC and host country MCA teams to develop project budgets for TVS projects and related activities at the outset of the project, as well as updated estimates of costs to and contingency requirements during the course of project implementation.
- Reports on project-related implementation risks, providing leadership on risk management plans and risk analyses for MCC management. Prepares relevant documentation and reports during implementation of projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541934100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.