You will serve as a the Unmanned and Surface Platforms Portfolio Manager for the Battle Management Systems (BMS) family of projects in the Weapons Control Hardware Engineering and Test Branch of Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division. You will lead the development/fielding of weapon and control systems on multiple unmanned air and surface platforms and manned surface platforms.Learn more about this agency
- You will lead/manage the development and fielding of weapon control systems based on knowledge of Precision Guided Weapons and Multi-Weapon Control Systems as well as certification criteria processes for weapon control systems.
- You will be concerned with the execution, direction, and success of major projects, systems development efforts, and research or technology initiatives.
- You will support the execution of the strategic goals of the program office, leadership that includes communicating plans, progress, and performance results.
- You will coordinate and lead technical and project reviews across multiple levels of the organization.
- You will lead the development and integration of software-intensive weapon control systems throughout all phases of product lifecycle.
- You will support the development of long and short-range plans for the future of project efforts as well as the development and integration of products into new and currently supported platforms.
- You will establish and control technical milestones, schedules, budgets and costs to ensure project success.
- You will represent the activity and the command on high level committees and groups with the authority to defend the activity's position.
- You will negotiate with program office as well as communicate direction to a team consisting of many areas of expertise.
- You will be responsible for implementing project management best practices and lead a team of project leads that implement the technical and project direction of the activity/agency's technical team.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541927300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.