This position is being announced under FEMA's Incident Management Assistant Team (IMAT) Program. This is a 4-year temporary appointment in the Excepted service. This position is located on a Type II, Regional IMAT and has a starting salary range of $51.58 per hour to $79.23 per hour; Salary listed includes locality pay.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: IMAT employees are subject to a 24-hour on call work schedules in the event of an emergency and be willing to be relocated to emergency sites with little notice. The teams deploy as soon as notified to respond and are on the scene within 12 hours. Once on scene, the teams operate and function under intense physical and mental stress until the response mission is accomplished. This service will require irregular and/or long working hours which may be under austere environments that include living and working in temporary facilities such as tents, warehouse, or other expediently established facilities, significant damage to critical infrastructure that prevents ready access to potable water (other than for drinking), other than basic medical care, and other routinely available services. Work may include duties other than those specified in the employee’s official position description and may involve some physical exertion including activities such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; carrying and lifting of moderately heavy items (up to 50 pounds).
In this position, you will serve as a Logistics Section Chief to provide oversight and coordination of Federal support for facilities, services, and materials to meet the emerging needs of a disaster.
When deployed, the incumbent of this is responsible for providing facilities, services, and material in support of the incident. Incumbent will coordinate federal support for response and recovery to natural and man-made incidents that result in considerable levels of damage, or disruption severely impacting the affected population and infrastructure requiring sustained federal recovery support. Typical assignments include:
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Incident Action Plan (IAP) and activates and supervises the branches and units in the Logistics Section.
- Determines appropriate organizational structure based on the supervisor's direction and ensures the structure and staffing are Incident Command System (ICS) compliant.
- Serves as principal advisor on all logistics issues related to the incident; providing guidance on logistical regulations and policy concerns.
When not deployed, the incumbent of this position is responsible for managing and providing oversight to Logistics Section of a Regional IMAT. Typical assignments include:
- Ensures team's readiness to support policy, guidance and plans; testing, training and exercising; facilities, equipment, communications, network, and resources; and logistics coordination with FEMA Headquarters and detachments, Regions, and interagency partners.
- Provides technical expertise in the development of plans, goals and objectives, and leads implementation for new initiatives and programs.
- Evaluates logistics policies, practices, and performance in light of requirements; recommends additions, deletions, and modifications.
75% or less - IMAT members will deploy to emergency sites. IMAT members will travel to disasters, offices, trainings, meetings, or for other job related reasons. Non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541887900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.