About the Position: This position is located in the Combined Arms Research Library (CARL), Acquisitions Department, at the Command and General Staff College, Army University (ArmyU), providing administrative and technical support including but not limited to personnel, travel, records and reports management, data processing, and public relations.Learn more about this agency
- As an Administrative Support Assistant (Office Automation), you will perform the following duties which is not an all-inclusive list:
- Performs functions such as: general office support, correspondence preparation, file maintenance, proper management and use of government purchase card (GPC), calendar control and receptionist activities.
- Uses computers, word processing, and/or other office automation equipment, not limited to Microsoft office and SharePoint to produce a variety of documents.
- Creates or maintains spreadsheets or databases relating to Library functions.
- Responsible for the filing system and maintenance of sufficient records to document library activities.
- Utilizes the library's on-line acquisitions module and prepares book and/or other library material orders for a variety of vendors.
- Unpacks materials, reviews packing lists, receiving documents and inspection reports for library materials received against contracts/purchase orders to verify accuracy of stock identification, quantity, costs and other pertinent data.
- Provides circulation desk assistance to library patrons.
- Obtains and maintains expendable supplies. Processes orders online for general office supply items using a GPC.
- Functions as the primary timekeeper for library personnel using the Automated Time, Attendance, and Production System (ATAAPS).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to perform occasional travel for training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541877500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.