The ideal candidate for this position will have experience providing a wide range of technical advice and guidance to managers, supervisors and employees on a consultative level. This position starts at a salary of $80,103 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Talent Acquisition Division team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will provide a wide range of comprehensive human resources services, technical advice, guidance, and assistance to managers, supervisors, and other specialists in one or more of several specialized program areas.
Typical assignments include:
- Knowledge of a wide range of HR concepts, principles, laws, regulations, and practices as well as special recruiting/hiring authorities and strategies, this includes the ability to analyze administrative and/or legislative initiatives to assess their impact on staffing and recruitment.
- Ability to provide comprehensive HR services to management and employees throughout organizations serviced and to analyze, evaluate and recommend appropriate resolutions to complex interrelated HR problems and issues.
- Skill in serving as a consultant to managers in providing HR services and conducting detailed analyses of complex functions within serviced organizations.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies, and practices to provide advice and guidance to officials, supervisors, and employees on a variety of HR functions.
- Ability to accurately assess long-range needs for complex and highly technical HR projects and to assess multiple project priorities and interrelationships to other HR initiatives.
- Skill in oral and written communications to present sensitive recommendations to higher authority, to obtain compliance with policies and to represent the agency and prepare HR documentation.
- Knowledge of current HR database systems to query, retrieve, and analyze information in order to complete assignments.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541819000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.