This National Guard position is for a SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1933000 and is part of the OH 178 Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of the position is to provide Information Management (IM) support to the Group. Incumbent coordinates with State HQ, National Guard Bureau (NGB), overseas Major Commands (MAJCOMs), and out-of-country organizations.
As a SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST, GS-0342-9, you will perform the following duties:
1) Serves as the Group Orderly Room Manager, functioning as senior advisor to the Group Executive Officer for all orderly room and information management unit support functions. Initiates workday reports and manages orders publications procedures. This includes preparing, tracking, publishing, and distributing civilian and military travel orders, annual training orders, special training orders, and other orders to include special authorizations. Directs and provides administrative training in Air National Guard automated order systems for all Unit Orders Clerks. Reconciles orders publication with the workday accounting program.
2) Formulates, develops, and directs the implementation of IM policies and procedures. Recognizes need, initiates action, directs or personally formulates new administrative policies and procedures, and recommends changes designed to improve administrative efforts or services. Analyzes AF, NGB, ANG Instructions, memoranda and directives pertaining to correspondence and mail management, preparation of correspondence and messages, and other administrative services and determines their effect upon the AOG.
3) Incumbent is responsible for the accuracy and content of the individual computerized personnel records system for all assigned Air Operations Group personnel. Utilizes the computerized personnel records systems to track individual personnel issues or status and to generate such specialized reports as strength data and Weight and Body Fat Management Program (WBFMP) reports.
4) Plans, organizes, and implements electronic media systems and computer systems throughout the unit. This includes electronic records management, electronic publications distribution on the Local Area Network (LAN), automated maintenance of the base and functional libraries (on computer disks), use and application of computer generated graphics, desktop publication, etc.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D1933000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541751200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.