THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a CONTRACT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number T5201P01 and is part of the OH USPFO, National Guard.
1. Plans the overall approach to meet contracting program objectives for procuring a wide variety of requirements. Performs market research/analysis to determine availability of the requirement; analyzes market trends, commercial practices, conditions and technological advances and determines the sources to be solicited. Determines appropriate method of procurement using a wide range of contracting methods and contract types. Selects appropriate contracting approaches, techniques, and procedures to solve a variety of acquisition problems. Analyzes contracting issues and recommends best course of action. Performs acquisition planning along with the program manager/customer, technical, legal, finance and contract pricing personnel to develop market research, acquisition strategy, milestones, evaluation/source selection criteria, and/or incentive or award fee provisions, as applicable. Exercises latitude in dealing with problems arising during the pre-award phase of the procurement action. Plans and carries out the work, selecting the approaches and techniques to be used, and determines actions to be taken on assigned contracts. Uses judgment in interpreting guidelines, in adapting procurement procedures to specific situations and in recommending solutions to problems encountered. Provides business advice and assistance to technical personnel involved in the development of the performance work statement/statement of work or data requirements.
2. Procures a wide variety of services, commodities, and/or construction. Applies all statutory requirements including regulations, policies, procedures, business and industry practices, market trends, Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Comptroller General Decisions, public law, case law, and precedents to all acquisitions. Contracts assigned may contain a variety of unique attributes such as special handling provisions or other specialized terms and conditions, unfavorable market conditions, and limited competition or sole source requirements. Ensures the price schedule is properly structured, prepares the solicitation, determines sources to be solicited, issues solicitations and amendments, and determines the acceptability of offers based on an analysis of financial and technical information gained.
3. Executes post-award contract performance management actions on assigned contracts. Monitors and evaluates contractor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contracts and ensures timely submission of technical progress reports and performance metrics. Makes field site visits to detect and/or correct labor standards violations, takes appropriate action to expedite delivery or performance when required by mission changes, monitors the contractors' use of government-furnished property inventories, and issues change orders as necessary. Obtains additional funds or de-obligates funds, as required. Negotiates and prepares contract modifications caused by changes in technical requirements, in quantities, ordering unpriced options, and similar issues. Creates modifications for corrective action. Analyzes price and cost elements of the proposed change(s) and obtains audits when required.
4. Provides business advice and guidance to technical personnel and others on contracting work and prepares correspondence. Represents the interest of the organization in a professional manner in meetings and various contacts outside the agency on a variety of issues that often are not well-defined.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: T5201P01). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541735600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.