The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is the living, national memorial to President Wilson established by an Act of Congress in 1968 & headquartered in Washington, D.C. The Center provides an essential link between the policy & academic communities by creating programs & communication opportunities that examine current & emerging challenges confronting the United States and the world. It is a non-partisan/non-advocacy institution supported by both public & private funds.Learn more about this agency
Applicants are encouraged to read the entire vacancy announcement prior to applying.
This position is located in the Wilson Center’s Financial Management Office. The Financial Management Office strives to establish and communicate policies and procedures necessary to safeguard and ensure the proper and efficient use of Wilson Center’s financial resources; maintain the Center’s accounting and financial reporting systems; and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The incumbent of the position serves as CONTRACT SPECIALIST providing wide range of contracting and financial management duties. At the full performance level, the major duties and responsibilities of this position include, but not limited to:
- Provides contracting services to the organization, which include pre-award analysis and post award contract administration.
- Serves the organization with delegated contracting authority to execute procurement/contract agreements on behalf of the organization using federal and/or trust funds to purchase goods and services to include, but not limited to, furniture, equipment, software, licensing, supplies, services, and publications (including agreements with intellectual property rights terms).
- Serves as organization’s Contract Technical Officer for purchase orders and retains current training certification.
- Performs a wide range of analytical, technical and administrative duties in the execution of both Trust and Federal financial activities.
- Ensures obligations and expenditures are made in accordance to the applicable laws and Wilson Center policies.
- Prepares, compiles, reviews, and reconciles various internal reports produced by the Trust accounting system for Wilson Center activities which includes general ledger revenue and expenses, accounts payable, and procurement.
- Retrieves financial reports and data from financial systems to analyze information.
- Administering the organization's automated travel and time/attendance systems.
At the GS-09 level, you will be performing similar work with additional guidance, trainings, and supervision from your supervisor. The scope and complexity of work is less than that of the full performance level but you will be exposed to complex contracting and financial management issues.
Condition of Employment: The incumbent will be required to successfully complete appropriate trainings and/or certifications in order to obtain and maintain delegated contracting authority.
If selected for the position, you will be required to file an annual financial disclosure.
Recruitment incentive MAY be authorized.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required (10% or less).
11 - Promotion to the full performance level is not automatic or guaranteed. It requires approval from your supervisor.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541709500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.