Consistently ranked as the best place to work in the Department of the Interior (DOI), the Office of Inspector General (OIG) is an independent office whose mission is to promote excellence, integrity, and accountability throughout DOI. The OIG conducts investigations, audits, evaluations, and inspections to enhance program effectiveness and efficiency and to detect and prevent waste, fraud, and mismanagement in DOI programs and operations.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position serves as an Auditor under the Pathways Recent Graduates Program within the Office of Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations' (AIE) Eastern Region Office. The AIE manages, supervises, coordinates, and conducts audits, inspections, and evaluations relating to DOI programs and operations, including, but not limited to, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in such programs and operations of the DOI employees, contractors, grantees, lessees, or any other persons or entities doing business with the DOI.
The agency may non-competitively convert a Recent Graduate who is a U.S. Citizen to a term or permanent appointment in the competitive service, as long as the Recent Graduate successfully completes the OIG’s one year developmental program and meets the OPM Qualification Standards for the targeted occupational series. There is no guarantee for conversion. If converted, the position may have a full-performance level of GS-13.
The duration of the Recent Graduate appointment is a trial period.
As an Auditor, you will participate in work focused on improving the operations and programs of the DOI.
- Perform performance and financial audit and evaluation assignments as part of a team
- Review and evaluate procedures, systems, or programs for economy, efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with laws, regulations, and policies
- Participate in preliminary reviews of functions or activities to determine which areas to emphasize in assigned evaluations
- Determine the relative significance of findings developed
- Prepare work papers and written summaries of findings, reports, and briefing materials
- Brief team leader and/or internal management officials on findings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may telework with supervisory approval.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541691200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.