This position is located in the Human Resources Management Division, within the Department of Administration and Finance, at the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL in pay, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band MC-2C which is generally equal to SES/SL pay only.
As the Managing Director (Chief Human Capital Officer (CHCO), you will serve as a key member of the management team of the Department of Administration and Finance with responsibility for directing and managing MCC human resource programs. This role is newly expanded to address the critical need for a comprehensive human capital strategy for MCC. Candidates must possess an exceptional level of resource management, political acumen, and organizational change management experience. This position will require frequent, consistent, and thoughtful, engagement with managers at all levels of the agency, at times to affect changes that may be sensitive. As the Managing Director you will:
- Serve as the senior advisor to the Vice President and Deputy Vice President(s) of A&F on all aspects of Human Resources.
- Participate in operational and business planning with top level management and key officials.
- Lead and direct the strategic vision and alignment of the corporation's workforce to its mission, to include proposing resource alignment strategies to address workforce demographics and composition which includes: FTE, Personal Services Contractors (PSCs) and service contracts.
- Manage and support the implementation of the corporation's human capital effort through a diagnostic of current challenges and opportunities, and advise on proposed solutions to address resource constraints and emerging mission requirements.
- Manage the design and delivery of high-quality, customer and mission focused human resources services.
- Work with senior leaders to review and assess the decision-making authorities and responsibilities assigned to staff members and managers.
- Manage and direct the development, interpretation, and application of formal corporate-wide policies regarding human resources programs for classification, recruitment and placement, compensation, employee benefits, performance management, employee relations, training, employee assistance, and other areas.
- Manage a cross functional team of experts and provide the vision needed to ensure that capabilities provided by automated HR systems are fully used to optimize delivery of human resource services throughout the corporation.
- Ensure a continuing affirmative application of MCC policies concerning equal opportunity and diversity programs.
- Ensure MCC serves as a leader in promoting a Diverse and Inclusive workplace through education, outreach, and engagement.
- Coordinate with Departments to forecast recruitment needs and develop a recruitment/retention strategy to ensure best in class talent is sought, obtained, and retained at MCC. Work in conjunction with the Department of Congressional and Public Affairs to utilize MCC social media platforms to advertise and deliver a consistent message for potential job vacancies in support of recruitment requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541656700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.