The two positions are located on the Custer Gallatin and Flathead National Forests in the Northern Region, Region 1, and serve as Staff Officers for Lands, Boundary Management, Engineering, Recreation, Heritage, Minerals, and Special Uses responsible for providing strategic guidance and leadership.Learn more about this agency
For details about the specific locations and the contact for each position, see the "Additional Information" section of this vacancy announcement.
- Provides strategic guidance and leadership for these Forest programs and activities.
- Serves as a member of the Forest Leadership Team to formulate plans, policies, and objectives for the Forest.
- Fulfills responsibility of all phases of staff work in long-range planning and administration of the total forest land management program.
- Reviews, evaluates, and approves overall program of work, work plans, and modification of functional program areas for which the position is responsible.
- Monitors program accomplishment, resolves issues, and coordinates program, project, and contract integration with applicable staffs. Exercises leadership by coaching, facilitating, and teaching team members.
- Provides leadership for the accomplishment of work projects with due regard for sound management practices, including economical and proper use of supplies and equipment and efficient use of people and safety practices.
- Develops and recommends policies, programs, plans, and objectives for the Forest based on needs and directives from higher authority.
- Represents the Agency in assigned activities.
- Performs supervisory duties at least 25% of the time.
25% or less - Overnight travel for meetings and training may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541605400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.