Due to the urgency to fill this position, all applicants must be available to interview between September 3-27, 2019, or they will not be considered.
We are currently filling the following number of vacancies per location, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
3 - Atlanta,GA, Nashville,TN, Savannah,GA, Charlotte,NC, Huntsville,AL, Birmingham,AL, Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Region 4
1 - New York, NY - Region 1
5- Fort Worth,TX - Region 7Learn more about this agency
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for overall project management of High Risk Lease Prospectus Level projects, which comprise the most major, politically sensitive, and complex initiatives.
- Project Planning - Senior project manager with responsibility for overall project management of prospectus level or equally complex or precedent setting projects. Leads the development of the most major, politically sensitive and complex project plans including methodology, resource requirements, timelines, priorities and budget impact. Directs and performs budget planning. Establishes evaluation criteria and measurements to assess projects. Prepares timelines for project completion, implementing a system for review, control, and reporting on project status.
- Project Execution - Ensures that projects are delivered to meet the customer requirements and expectations. Manages all aspects of the of the project's finances. Ensures the latest trends and state of the art technologies in facility design, construction, alterations, space management, contracting, negotiations, and knowledge management are applied. Independently develops innovative solutions to address unanticipated project complications.
- Project Closeout - Ensures the completion of project documents and makes certain they are uploaded into all necessary systems of record in order to track established performance metrics and historical trends. Conducts and documents lessons learned analysis.
- Customer - Negotiates and coordinates project plans, budget objectives and schedules with customer agencies to establish and/or manage customer expectations. Informs customer officials of project status and any requirements for additional agency initiated action.
- Stakeholders - Works with stakeholders and key leadership in various Federal agencies, State and local governments, non-profits, community organizations, special interest groups, and environmentalists. Maintains and/or oversees continuous contact with Federal, State and local officials, and the media (in coordination with Public Affairs) with regard to project issues and status. Briefs key leadership on costs, impact, feasibility, alternatives, issues, recommendations and status of project development and implementation.
- GSA Relationships - Leads and facilitates the efforts and expertise of a wide range of disciplines. Serves as a mentor for team members and others.
- Directs the acquisition and management of large numbers and types of contracts supporting all aspects of leasing and/or Federal construction projects. Monitors progress and evaluates performance against contract requirements.
- Prepares or assists the Contracting Officer and/or the COR in the preparation of statements of work, determinations, findings and solicitation documents.
- In conjunction with the Contracting Officer and/or the COR, directs the preparation and issuance of necessary modifications and may serve as lead negotiator for assigned projects. Oversees and/or reviews project designs and coordinates development of design and specification packages for purposes of bid and determines construction completion times and prepares/reviews overall cost estimates. Participates in the A/E and/or Lessor selection process and in the negotiations for design supervision and post-construction contract award services. Coordinates the activities of all appropriate professional goods and services contractors during all phases of the project. Coordinates, leads and manages the design process within a lease project to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Negotiates contract specifications and design changes. Participates in review of bids, contractors' negotiations and technical and business discussions with contractors.
Business Transaction Management
Negotiates the business transaction with customer agencies, including utilization rates and financial obligations; develops complex, accurate requests for funding and tracks financial obligations and expenses throughout the planning, execution and close-out of projects.
Occasional travel - Travel as needed.
13 - Position being filled at full potential.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541597400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.