As a Construction Control Representative, you will be responsible for complex, large, and politically sensitive prospectus projects.
Location of position: Public Buildings Service, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, and San Diego, CA.
Due to the urgency to fill this position, all applicants must be available to interview between September 3-27, 2019, or they will not be considered.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.Learn more about this agency
- Oversees construction of lease and federal projects, either personally, or through contract construction management firms.
- Develops scopes of work, schedules, detailed fee estimates, contract criteria, and other pertinent documentation if professional design services from architecture and engineering (A/E) firms are required. Assists Contracting Officer in negotiating contracts and design changes with A/E firms in coordination with agency representatives and manages the overall planning and design phase of projects.
- Evaluates and/or recommends the work of A/E firms to ensure compliance with all regulations and design criteria. Administers A/E contracts, as well as alteration and new construction contracts and recommends approval or rejection of all or parts of the proposals.
- Conducts or directs contracted services (A/E firm) to conduct site investigations to determine feasibility; topography; subsurface conditions; site configuration; or condition of structure and essential data before initiating design.
- Coordinates with others to assure that all technical areas are addressed, proper design consideration is given and that the total project objectives and schedules are met. Prepares and updates milestone schedules for project delivery, and reporting on project status. Meets with local organizations to ensure that designs are compatible with the adjacent built environment and to assess the availability of a construction workforce.
- Resolves or directs contracted services (A/E firm) to resolve design problems. Prepares or directs contracted services (A/E firm) to prepare documents for review and approval by agency officials.
Occasional travel - Travel as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541586100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.