You will serve as a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (RECRUITMENT & PLACEMENT) in the Recruit/Staffing Branch (N11) of MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND.Learn more about this agency
- You will provide expert HR management advisory and technical services on complex and wide-impacting customer functions and work practices.
- You will develop long and short range staffing plans to meet forecasted mission requirements.
- You will create Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, provide PCS counseling and calculate a variety of PCS costs for new hires, relocating MSC employees, and other relocating Federal employees.
- You will provide guidance on merit system principles, prohibited personnel practices, the development and use of valid selection criteria, and other approaches that may help in staffing the organization.
- You will take all appropriate steps and actions to appoint, promote, detail, reassign, demote, transfer, reduction-in-force (RIF), etc., in accordance with established policies, regulations, and program goals.
- You will research the qualifications and skills needed and conduct job analyses with subject matter experts to distinguish truly well qualified applicants and those with the ability to learn the job in reasonable periods.
- You will orient new, high level employees on civil service and agency personnel policies, rules, regulations, rights, benefits, services, and related matters.
- You will manage and maintain full visibility over all Request for Personnel Actions from cradle to grave, and provide advice/assistance in all stages of the recruitment process.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% travel required in support of Job and Career Fairs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541576300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.