If selected, you will serve as a paralegal specialist providing support and assistance to the legal work being performed in a trial/litigation office or a as paralegal supporting both litigation and investigative work.Learn more about this agency
- Performs extensive, specialized, independent research on complex legal and factual issues to locate appropriate data, legislative history, precedents, and policies having a bearing on specific legal issues.
- Researches court rules in state and federal courts throughout the country where the Commission conducts litigation, as well as other agencies such as the Department of Justice, to ascertain the appropriate form, content, and due date of filings.
- Provides paralegal support for the trial attorneys in drafting and reviewing pleadings, motions, briefs and memoranda of law, depositions of witnesses, compilation of discovery documents, and in the conduct of trials.
- Researches and analyzes agency statutes, legal decisions, rulings, opinions, complex points of law, precedent cases, and administrative and judicial decisions or opinions.
- Prepares replies to correspondence, researching specific problems when sources of information maintained for the purpose are inadequate, and coordinates proposed replies with the organizational units responsible for the areas of the law involved.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541570400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.