This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the Program Specialist (Agent Coordination Team) for the Office of Response and Recovery, Recovery Directorate, Applicant Processing Services Section. Typical assignments include the following:
- Analyzing the staffing process to ensure effective coverage of agents assigned to various lines of business based on forecasting; lending to effective and efficient performance of FEMA’s mission.
- Providing guidance to ensure accuracy and consistency in processing scheduling/agent requests across the enterprise leading to training opportunities with other team members.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling staffing numbers to maintain enterprise service level goals.
- Participating in various committees to analyze procedures and generate solutions.
- Responding to requests from supervisors, management, and leadership across multiple units in a timely manner.
- Coordinating and responding to other internal stakeholders on various requests.
Promotion Potential: Positions filled under Stafford Act regulations generally do not have documented promotion potential; however, dependent on an employee’s ability to perform higher level duties, the continuing need for an employee to perform work associated with a higher level position, and administrative recommendation and approval, promotions may be earned by CORE employees.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541567800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.