Serve as an IT Security Specialist in the Division of Select Agents and Toxins (DSAT). The primary purpose of this position is to accomplish technical support work and advisory functions, and to develop, implement, and coordinate activities designed to ensure, protect, and restore infrastructure systems, services, and capabilities.Learn more about this agency
As a IT Specialist (InfoSec), you will:
- Provide expert technical support and assistance to DSAT staff IT in developing, implementing and coordinating security activities to ensure, protect and restore IT systems, service and capabilities.
- Monitor and evaluate infrastructure systems compliance with IT security requirements as determined by CDC, HHS, and other government guidance and regulations.
- Provide advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operations of network systems, telecommunications systems, mainframe, personal computing, video-conferencing, infrastructure software, and server support.
- Evaluate and recommend the acquisition of, implementation of, and dissemination of IT security tools, procedures, and practices to protect information assets.
- Assist in the performance of risk assessments, vulnerability analyses and the development of security assessment and accreditation (SA&A) documentation, and security plans for infrastructure systems and facilities.
- Continually complies with all applicable federal and state safety and health regulations and established CDC/ATSDR safety policies and procedures that include but are not limited to the wearing or use of prescribed personal protective equipment while engaged in work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% Domestic for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541561100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.