This position is in Office of Land and Emergency Management, Office of Emergency Management, Consequence Management Division, Denver, CO. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About Office of Land and Emergency Management: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-land-and-emergency-managementLearn more about this agency
- Serve as one of the team scientists for, and managers of, EPA's PHILIS Program. PHILIS (Portable High Throughput Integrated Laboratory Identification Systems) is a collection of mobile laboratory units equipped to analyze a high volume of organic chemicals including chemical warfare agents (CWA).
- Serve a subject matter expert in the field of analytical chemistry as it relates to the decontamination of chemical agents, including nontraditional agents used in terrorist incidents and high-hazard chemicals in large quantities.
- Have responsibility for overseeing onsite chemical analyses in mobile and fixed facility laboratories for chemical warfare agents, including, but not limited to: Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, attenuated total reflectance (ATR) technologies, ion mobilespectrometry, hydrogel technologies, and fiber optic enzyme sensor technologies.
- Ensure implementation of proper laboratory techniques. Oversee data collection, data management and data transmission, while ensuring that required quality assurance and quality control procedures are implemented.
- Evaluates the technical/scientific merit of proposed efforts; the competence, experience, facilities and equipment of potential providers; and the value ( cost/benefit) of carrying out the proposed effort. Monitor the performance of extramurally-funded research activities and provides technical guidance within the scope of work, conferring as needed with contractors and cooperators to ensure achievement of CBRN CMAD goals.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel up to 25% of each month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541559200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.