Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.
The pay band NH-03 includes the General Schedule grade equivalent to GS-12/13.
Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring process and expanded developmental opportunities
- Performs all work in accordance with agency policies, standards, metrics and standard operating procedures for effective contract administration of Department of Defense (DoD) acquisitions.
- Applies advanced tools to document and analyze the results of critical, complex surveillance activities and demand tasks.
- Conducts Contract Receipt and Review (CRR) functions related to contract cost, schedule and performance for buying activities and DCMA elements.
- Provides expert technical advice and consultation in relation to Research and Development Bid and Proposal expenses, first article inspections, production, plant layout, manufacturing processes and techniques, and contract schedule changes.
- Evaluates contractors? and subcontractors? advanced engineering systems and software, design, development, production and test efforts in accordance with contract terms.
- Applies DCMA engineering surveillance performance indicators to assess and record the contractor?s performance and provide expert feedback to the CE.
- Brings controversial information or unusual findings to the attention of the CE.
- Completes advanced engineering demand tasks such as reviewing engineering change proposals, requests for waivers and deviations, and nonconforming materials.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 10 percent of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541557800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.