As a Client Planning Manager, you will provide strategic advice, recommendations, and solutions to and/or resolve complex issues for PBS clients.
Location of position: Public Buildings Service in Chicago, IL.
Due to the urgency to fill this position, all applicants must be available to interview between September 3-27, 2019, or they will not be considered.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.Learn more about this agency
- Act as a contributing member of the Regional Client Delivery Team using all resources in the planning stages. Identify and manage opportunities-the incumbent marshals regional GSA expertise to deliver value to customer agencies. Assist in assembling subject matter expert teams to develop innovative, cost effective, and sustainable workplace solutions to meet customer needs, connecting demand with supply. Evaluate and communicate these business opportunities (client portfolio planning, sustainability, workplace redesign, etc.) with regional leadership and business line staff; develop and validate the economic value proposition for both the client and GSA and evaluate and demonstrate the benefits and risks associated with the proposed or planned client solutions, activities, and/or agency policies.
- Serve as a primary contact to the customer by managing his/her customer accounts; being proactive in assessing customer needs and/or requirements; managing customer expectations; being aware of customer's national initiatives and/or issues; and understanding PBS policy/procedures to ensure information is provided to the customer. Provide support in the development of responses to customer inquiries and assist in the resolution of transactional and/or systemic customer issues/problems (service delivery, project delivery, GSA business practices, etc.) within control of their assigned business lines.
- Proactively build relationships across the region, with National Office, and in the client agency to develop a network to support customer service issue resolution.
- Review expiring client agency assignments to eliminate inadvertent lease and assignment extensions. Strategically monitor all client agency occupancy assignments for proximity to expiration dates. Assist project team in the early analysis of occupancies through collaboration with asset managers, real estate professionals, work-place specialists and other experts as needed. Inform by an understanding of evolving client mission needs and decision-making parameters. Assist in the development of proposals and options based on complexity of projects, in an effort to optimize the Federal footprint and bring the best value to the taxpayer as a proactive approach to engaging our clients.
- Serve as a negotiator between GSA and customer on issues within transactions to mediate problems, issues, or concerns that arise, as needed, to ensure a consistent customer experience.
Occasional travel - Travel as needed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541553600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.