Mission StatementLearn more about this agency
The NRO is the U.S. Government agency in charge of designing, building, launching and maintaining America's intelligence satellites. The NRO provides reconnaissance information to the Intelligence Community and the DoD warfighters. For more information see: http://www.nro.gov
NRO is accepting applications from both Federal government employees and U.S. Citizens for this position.
FOR CURRENT CIVILIAN FEDERAL EMPLOYEES APPLYING PLEASE SEE THE QUALIFICATIONS SECTION BELOW.
As a TECHNICAL ANALYST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Solves systematic management problems of major significance through staff coordination and meetings with the NRO leadership.
- Briefs senior management through each project development cycle.
- Conducts technical analysis and field and/or laboratory work to achieve desired products or services.
- Evaluates the value and applicability of new or improved technology, strategies, trends, or applications; and plans, develops, advises on, and implements crucial projects and/or segments of NRO programs, projects, or activities.
- Serves as senior technical expert for assigned projects by reviewing and evaluating studies, projects, proposals, or reports; develops new methods and criteria.
- Prepares, provides, and evaluates quantitative analysis in the development of cost, performance, and manufacturing, and operations of programs by applying an in-depth knowledge of analytic theories and practices.
- Develops and modifies analytic models and methods to meet the requirements of cost, performance, and effectiveness studies, variance analyses.
- Conducts extensive systematic exploration of problems of an unprecedented nature.
- Initiates and conducts complete analytical studies involving broad and varied subject matters in the area of concept exploration and requirements determination.
- Plans, organizes, and leads teams to prepare requirements and specifications for new, large-scale systems or to evaluate overall plans and proposals for significant systems.
- Performs scientific assessments and makes recommendations concerning corrective actives for identified weaknesses or deficiencies in programs/projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541501900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.