The Office of Chief Counsel, IRS, the largest tax law firm in the country, is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team and gain valuable experience in a legal environment. Our mission is to serve America's taxpayers fairly and with integrity by providing correct and impartial interpretation of the internal revenue laws and the highest quality legal advice and representation for the Internal Revenue Service.Learn more about this agency
As a Librarian (Law/Reference/Online Research), you will:
- Participates in developing policies, plans, and objectives relating to research services with an emphasis on the use of online and other automated research systems. Helps establish and implement policies and procedures for use of online services.
- Provides circulation and interlibrary loan services. Assists with using library facilities. Administers user ID access for online resources.
- Performs complex literature searches, using print and online databases, which require systematic, comprehensive, and exhaustive searches for legal and non-legal information.
- Monitors and tracks federal legislative activity of interest to the IRS. Utilizes online resources, and ensures comprehensive and timely tracking. Keeps key decision makers informed of legislative developments.
- Provides comprehensive reference, research to legal personnel. Answering a wide range of reference questions relating to law, taxation, business, accounting, social security, government contracts, disclosure, and matters impacting federal employees. Includes handling complex regulatory and legislative research requests.
- Provides expert witness research and vetting services for library clientele.
- Provides training and detailed instructions to clientele on available library resources including search strategies for both print and online resources.
- In connection with special research projects, incumbent establishes and monitors selective dissemination of information (SDI) searches to keep key clients abreast of developments, including articles, and publications in their special areas of interest.
- Serves as the Library’s representative on key committees, task forces, and project teams.
Please note this list of duties is not all inclusive.
Occasional travel - A limited amount of travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541404300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.