About the Position: The work is on-site with minor work at three outlying clinics, and involves regular and recurring activities involving moderate risks and discomfort associated with radiation situations that require continual alertness and special safety precautions, including wearing respirators and their Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)/clothing and following special procedures. Works with radioactive materials and may be involved with radiological emergency response.Learn more about this agency
- As Senior Scientific Representative, provides expert level guidance and subject matter expertise in the broad practice of health physics and ionizing radiation producing devices or materials.
- Applies scientific assessments and makes recommendations regarding new developments, precedents and methodologies to identify and reduce Radiation Safety hazards within the broad scope of the program.
- Independently operates multiple types of radiation detection and measurement equipment including Geiger-Mueller and other gas-filled detectors, liquid scintillation counters, and multi-channel analyzers.
- Maintain inventory of radioactive materials possessed by the facility; maintains waste disposal records and other required records; approve procurement, receipt, and distribution of all radioactive materials arriving at /departing from the facility.
- Survey medical, dental and veterinary x-ray equipment to include Computed Tomography and mammography evaluation (MQSA); the use and control of licensed radioactive materials; and the use and control of medical laser systems.
- Provides accurate and/or authoritative consultation/advice to regulators, medical facilities, installations, and Commanders during inspections or exit interviews.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541394100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.