This Motor Vehicle Operator position is at the Jamaica Plain Campus of VA Boston Healthcare System under the Transportation Service Line.Learn more about this agency
This shuttle driver position covers multi shuttles (24-28 passengers) as needed within VISN I. Routes and times will vary for coverage purposes.
**A valid and current Commercial Driver's License (CDL), with passenger endorsement, is required.
ResponsibilitiesThe Motor Vehicle Operator will be responsible for safe transportation of veterans and their attendants for VA-authorized medical services, transportation of medical center staff for work-related duties and transport of medical center mail and parcels to the U.S. Post Office and contracted courier. The job duties of the position are, but are not limited to, the following:
- You will be required to load devices and personal belongings into and out of the vehicle.
- Drive and maintain several types of Government owned vehicles such as passenger cars, vans, trucks, bus, and chair lift vehicles to include some heavy equipment vehicles weighing 7,000 to 22,000 pounds.
- You will be required complete vehicle daily maintenance log, to include completion of motor vehicle trip tickets, document mileage, beneficiaries transported and arrival and departure times.
- Read and interpret road maps to determine the shortest and quickest route to and from a destination.
Work Schedule: Days Monday - Friday
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Position Description Title/PD#: Motor Vehicle Operator/02477A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
- This position is an AFGE Bargaining Unit position.
- This position is covered by locality-based comparability pay.
- Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized.
- Selectee may be required to work at any Boston Healthcare System campus, as needed.
- Current and former Federal employees must submit copies of their most recent SF-50, (Notice of Personnel Action). The SF-50 must identify the position title, series, grade, step, tenure and type of service (competitive or Excepted). In some cases, more than one SF-50 may be required to show a higher grade previously held.
- Veteran's Preference does not apply to current Federal Employees.
- Selectee will be required to complete additional forms to proceed with employment process.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541374400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.