About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England District, Regulatory/Permitting Division's Project Office in Augusta, Maine.
Applications are ONLY being accepted for the entry grade of GS-5 with promotion potential to the GS-11.
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Post-Secondary Students and Recent Graduates.
- This is a developmental position. Promotion to the target grade is based upon successful performance, meeting all regulatory requirements, and the availability to work at the higher grade within this organization.
- As a trainee Engineer/ Scientist, works under the direct supervision and guidance of a Senior Staff member.
- The incumbent will learn and perform professional work requiring the evaluation of permit applications, coordination of their review with state and federal agencies, and the issuance of permits.
- Assists in the management of the Regulatory program through development, administration and implementation of programmatic initiatives and requirements.
- Facilitates the management of the enforcement workload by conducting investigation to develop and determine the resolution of enforcement actions.
- Conducts pre-application consultation, evaluation of permit applications, and the monitoring of permit compliance.
Occasional travel - Overnight business travel required at least 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541331700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.