The Associate Director for Patient Care Services is a registered professional nurse and is the top nursing executive and key member of the executive leadership team of the Miami VA Healthcare System which serves Veterans in three South Florida counties: Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe, with an estimated Veteran population of 149,704. Our parent facility, which opened in 1968, is the Bruce W. Carter Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center that is located on 26.3 acres in downtown Miami.Learn more about this agency
The Associate Director for Patient Care Services (ADPCS) is a registered professional nurse qualified by advanced education and leadership experience, who has the authority and responsibility for directing organized nursing practice and managing from the perspective of the organization as a whole. The Associate Director for Patient Care Services (ADPCS) is of an executive nature, comprised of complex managerial and administrative components, associated with critical health care issues and activities that influence the organizational mission health care and policy. Duties include, but are not limited to:
The Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a tuition reimbursement program, had been authorized for this position.Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- Collaborates with health care executives in creating the organizational mission and vision.
- Directs the integration of nursing or nursing-related activities in the mutual development and achievement of organizational goals.
- Advocates for ethical decision-making on behalf of the public and staff.
- Develops resources utilization strategies to improve organizational performance.
- Mentors others in executive leadership positions.
- Forecasts educational needs for complex, multi-system change.
- Develops policy related to professional practice, accrediting bodies, relevant statutes and regulations of community, network and/or national levels.
- Collaborates with other executives for strategic planning, decision-making and problem solving regarding health care services and organizational priorities.
- Serves as an expert in communicating nursing and health care trends and issues at the local, state, network, and/or national level.
- Improves the quality and effectiveness of the facility's overall health care program by providing leadership, coordinating, and facilitating the evaluation and improvement of a wide range of programs designed to improve patient care.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541274900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.