What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary: $123,298 (Step 01) to $160,286 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Open to current or former Federal employees: RES-2019-0292.
As a Supervisory Geographer/Ecologist/Physical Scientist within the Earth Resources Observation and Science Center (EROS), some of your specific duties will include:
- The Science and Applications Branch (SAB) Chief will provide leadership, direction, and support to EROS scientists and support staff in defining, planning, staffing, budgeting for, and coordinating the implementation of integrated multi-disciplinary remote sensing and land change science programs.
- Lead the identification of major issues and opportunities in remote sensing and land change science; evaluate the need for new research; guide the development of research and applications that deal with these issues; and directs planning for prospective changes in functions or program activities to resolve changing science priorities.
- Develop long-range and short-term plans regarding the land change science program's goals and objectives, technology development, staffing patterns, and budgetary support.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, coordination, and implementation of scientific partnerships other Federal agencies, academic institutions and private-sector groups interested in remote sensing and land change science.
- Monitor and evaluate the research programs, document the overall scientific merit of programs, and oversee the consistent application of Department and Bureau policies regarding scientific integrity, safety, fair employment, equal opportunity and training.
- Advise on national and international issues pertinent to managing aspects of the U. S. Geological Survey (USGS) mission.
- Serves as a leading spokesperson in matters relating to EROS Center scientific research and applications programs.
25% or less - Approximately 5 nights per month
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541255800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.