This position is part of the R9-Chief-Office of Law Enforcement. As a Supervisory Wildlife Repository Specialist you will be responsible for directing National Eagle and Wildlife Property Repository (NEWPR) operations and supervising staff in the administration and operation of the NEWPR.Learn more about this agency
- Manages technical staff, controls appropriate flow of forfeited/abandoned property, develops wildlife educational programs, develops property control capability, legal support, prepares required legal documents, provides testimony in courts of law.
- Develops and ensures all safety protocols are met by all staff and visitors to NEWPR.
- Plans, prepares and supports fiscal year and long-term budget requests, estimating/documenting short-long term personnel, equipment, travel, educational, safety, training and site needs.
- Responsible for the legal and efficient receipt and annual distribution of thousands of bald and golden eagles to Native Americans and/or public institutions.
- Responsible for the efficient receipt and disposition of all forfeited/abandoned wildlife and/or wildlife parts and products, and distribution of these items to educational institutions.
- Performs first line supervisory duties, including assigning work, evaluating performance, recommending promotions, reassignments and other employee change actions; approving leave; resolving or recommending resolution of complaints or grievances.
- Provides outreach and education in a variety of forums including tours on NEWPR's role in facilitating the religious needs of tribes through the eagle distribution program, and impacts of unlawful wildlife trafficking.
- Develops and recommends policy and implementation procedures for the establishment of educational programs relating to needs of eagle/wildlife property programs.
- Serves as source expert/contact for Office of the Inspector General OIG) audits relative to on-site seized property and forfeited property.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541240900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.