This position is located in the Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Nursing Service, Long Term Care unit (CLCW/SW) located in Murfreesboro, TN and duties are delegated by and performed under the supervision and directions of the Nurse ManagerLearn more about this agency
The RN is primarily accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating direct and indirect nursing care, and identifying outcomes for patients in the hospital setting. Responsible for coordinating patient care delivery to ensure quality care according to established standards of care/practice, policy, and procedure. The specific patient population to whom direct care is provided includes adults with a variety of different conditions. The incumbent must also be able to direct non professional staff's lifting, moving, and/or transferring of patients, and use equipment to provide patient care which usually involves lifting and/or pushing the equipment. The RN is responsible for the storage, proper cleaning techniques, and use of reusable medical equipment (RME). He/She is responsible for carrying out proper procedures for caring for patients in an isolation environment by following proper infection control procedures. Communicates regularly with nurse managers, physicians, nursing supervisors, charge nurses, transfer coordinators, allied healthcare staff, healthcare technicians, Pharmacy, and the business officeThe RN's role will include, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Establishing nursing diagnoses.
- Providing health education and procedural teaching to patients and significant others.
- Administering and evaluating pharmacological and other therapeutic treatment regimens.
- Administering medicine
- Establishing priorities and making ethically-sound decisions to ensure safe patient care.
- Assisting the physicians during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to promote optimal patient outcomes by team collaboration.
- Responding to emergency situations to promote optimal patient outcomes by recognizing changes in patients' health status.
- Performing diagnostic studies within the scope of nursing practice as ordered by the physician.
- Documenting patient data to ensure continuity in the provision and coordination of patient care.
- Collaborating with other health care professionals.
- Communicating with veterans ad family members regarding veteran's care.
- May be responsible for charge nurse duties
- Managing follow-up care.
- Acting as resource to others.
- Participating in continuing educational achieving/maintaining certification.
- Possess knowledge of unit level monitors and quality improvement findings.
- Additional duties as assigned
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541222100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.