Who may Apply: Current or Former Permanent Federal Employees, 30% or More Disabled Veterans, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) eligibles, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) eligibles, Schedule A eligibles, Military Spouses Preference eligibles, Peace Corps eligibles, and others eligible under Special Appointment Authorities in the local area with the exception of VEOA eligibles
Vacancy may be filled at an entry grade of GS-09, or GS-11, target grade of GS-11. Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a benefits and retirement consultant providing advisory services to management and individual customers on a variety of benefits and entitlements programs and services.
- Provides guidance on retirement program options, Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) and group life insurance (FELGI), Long-Term Care (LTC) Program, Workers Compensation, beneficiary and survivor benefits, and more.
- Researches and resolves complex insurance problems and issues that require a significant knowledge of Federal insurance laws and regulations. Interprets, applies regulations, policies and procedures in advising employees and managers .
- Reviews, adjudicates, and processes a high volume and variety of time sensitive benefits and entitlements documentation and paperwork.
- Verifies and determines eligibility for Voluntary Separation Incentive Payments (VSIP) and Voluntary Early Retirement Authority (VERA).
- Works with customers in processing disability retirement packages, advising and making determinations on sensitive and complex information. Advises on appeal rights if disability retirement is denied by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
- Prepares necessary correspondence, documentation, reports, articles and other program administration materials in support of assigned programs.
- Coordinates with specialists in other Human Resources functional areas, and representatives from other agencies in completion of duties.
- Develops and provides training for customers on a variety of benefit and entitlement programs.
- **Duties assigned below the full-performance level will be developmental in nature.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541192400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.