The IT Security Officer assists the Systems Information Manager in performing professional work related to the management of information technology security policy, planning, development, implementation, training, and support for their court unit. The incumbent provides actionable advice to improve IT security and aids the ITSO in fulfilling security objectives within the court.Learn more about this agency
- Assist with reviewing and evaluating recommendations on the court's technology security program, including automation, telecommunications, and other technology utilized by the court.
- Assist with promotion and support security services available throughout the local court unit.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of local court unit security policies and guidance, the remediation of identified risks, and the implementation of security measures.
- Make recommendations regarding best practices and implement changes in policy.
- Provide security analysis of IT activities to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place and are enforced. Conduct security risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify weaknesses, risks, and protection requirements.
- Take measures to remediate identified vulnerabilities.
- Assist with the identification, implementation, and documentation of security safeguards on information systems. Assist with information security projects (or security-related aspects of other IT projects).
- Serve as a liaison with court stake holders to integrate security into the system development lifecycle. Educate project stakeholders about security concepts and create supporting methodologies and templates to meet security requirements and controls.
- Recommend changes to ensure information systems' reliability and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Assist with the Creation and employment of methodologies, templates, guidelines, checklists, procedures, and other documents to establish repeatable processes across the courts' information technology security services.
- Assist with establishing mechanisms to promote awareness and adoption of security best practices.
- Perform other routine IT administration duties as assigned by the Systems Manager.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541173200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.