About the Position: Serves as a Regional Geotechnical Specialist within the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers South Pacific Division, Sacramento Division, Engineering Division, Geotechnical Branch - Soil Design Section A.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as one of South Pacific Division wide experts in geotechnical engineering
- Serves as Sacramento District's senior specialist and leader with primary responsibility for the geotechnical design, construction, repair, evaluation, maintenance, and rehabilitation of flood control levees and embankment dams.
- Reviews geotechnical design features of existing or proposed major flood control works.
- Analyzes functional and operational aspects to determine if proposed work is within authority and is technically sound.
- Provides senior level review of in-house designs prepared by other districts.
- Reviews and approves geotechnical engineering features of design and construction documents, including design memoranda, plans, specifications, drawings, construction modifications,
- Responds to requests for technical advice and assistance from any District team member within the South Pacific Division
- Provides geotechnical engineering support in emergency response efforts during flood threats.
- Performs risk analyses to develop recommendations.
- Independently plans, conducts, coordinates and directs technical staff and executes complex geotechnical investigations and studies within the geographic boundaries of the home District.
25% or less - Travel is required approximately 20% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541168000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.