The Statistician functions as a Programmer with duties that involve (SQL) Structured Query Language coding and script writing for the Cooperative Studies Program(CSP).Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Available, as determined by agency policy
Virtual: Not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#s: Statistician (Medicine) GS-1530-11/12, 689-02331-A/689-02332-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: N/A
Financial Disclosure Report: N/A
- Work independently to identify and/or interpret system objectives, functions, and center requirements related to data processing and management for research projects.
- Evaluate technology alternatives and systems, design strategies; analyze existing systems capabilities, compatibility, and interoperability; prepare technical design documents; program code development, design and execute QC testing.
- Develop training documents and implement database recovery and disaster recovery techniques on current and new programs designed for the collection of clinical trial data.
- Perform logical and physical database design (SQL and SAS Datasets)(Statistical Analysis System) to support statistical analysis.
- Develop computer programs and scripts that enable the sharing and transport of data between PCs, Linux/UNIX servers, enterprise web services (i.e. SharePoint, web based SQL systems) and relational databases as necessary.
- Provide Study Team(s) and program analysts documentation on efficient procedures and implementation of specific techniques.
- Provide training and guidance to users in the use and maintenance of developed data processing systems.
- Function as a member of a team and may be asked to mentor more junior team members.
- Design statistical data analysis or data collection systems for the field at remote sites; including developing testing, installation, training, system documentation, user's guides/manuals, routine monitoring, trouble shooting and hardware support.
- Develop and present automation options to management that take into account time, cost, and resource availability.
- Gain approval on solutions and finalize requirements; prepare design documents; write and validate code (primarily in SAS); test, implement, and maintain applications; make recommendations for clinical trial data collection and management software.
- Define the number of programs and program interfaces, determine techniques used to facilitate transfer of data between SAS and other software packages.
- Develop production procedures for data processing and report production.
- Evaluate current study specific data management and statistical procedures; update the data management plan; develop new/supplemental guidance to improve the testing process and present to the Chief of Data Management for approval and implementation.
- Develop benchmarks for use by systems analysts and applications developers in evaluating the accuracy of test plans and test data.
- Update, test and evaluate software releases and ensure that all software related initiatives are executed in conformance with appropriate policies and standards.
- Monitor system usage and performance.
- Analyze existing and projected processing requirements and forecast future resource requirements that may include field testing for custom applications developed at the center.
- Organize and maintain system documentation.
- Production and QC on case report form and computer program (data processing system) validation (administrative and technical) to include technical manuals, programming guides, and operating instructions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. May be required to travel for planning meetings or to attend conferences.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541081300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.