CSWMD prepares national security professionals to address challenges posed by WMD through education and leader development, research and direct support, and outreach activities across the full spectrum of WMD issues including strategic deterrence.Learn more about this agency
NDU develops joint warfighters and other national security leaders through rigorous academics, research and engagement to serve the common defense.
1. Designs, develops, and executes studies and analyses to enhance understanding of both the WMD threat to U.S. interests and U.S. responses to prevent, mitigate, or eliminate the threat in support of the Center's JPME and research activities. Coordinates the efforts of other staff in these areas. 30%
2. Teaches and develops curricula and tools for use in the entire range of Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) institutions in support of the WMD Center's responsibilities for enhancing the teaching of Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) in the Joint Professional Military Education system. Coordinates activities of other staff in this area. 30%
3. Designs, develops, and executes exercises, workshops, conferences, and/or other meetings in support of the Center's JPME and research responsibilities, to enhance understanding of both WMD threats to U.S. interests, and U.S. responses to prevent, mitigate, or eliminate the threat. Coordinates the efforts of other staff in these areas. 30%
4. May supervise the work of more junior personnel, as assigned, including setting annual work objectives, conducting performance evaluations, identifying training requirements, monitoring work performance. and setting work priorities. 10%
5. Interacts on a professional basis and builds productive relationships with Center staff and personnel from the National Defense University, U.S. Government agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, academia, and the private sector, as required.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel, up to 30%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540949900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.