This is a Work At Home (WAH) position. The duty station will be the selectee's home address.
In order to be considered, applicants MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE in Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
This is a bi-lingual position. To be considered proficient you must be able to speak, read and write in English and Spanish
Applicants that apply by the CUT-OFF date will be considered first.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Establish partnerships with local affiliates of national media organizations placing a high emphasis on building and solidifying partnerships with news media.
- Ensure that partnership agreements with media outlets are monitored and nurtured and that the commitments are carried out and fulfilled by media partners. This includes addressing questions and concerns, resolving problems, and renegotiating partnerships as needed.
- Work independently and with teams to plan and implement communications outreach. Arrange editorial board meetings and participating in local and regional journalism conferences and conventions.
- Distribute video and audio new releases linked to key operations conducted over the course of the census (e.g., the communications campaign, recruitment, questionnaire delivery and mail-back, among others.)
- Coordinate all external media inquiries, requests and accesses to census events and develops creative ways to keep the public informed and updated on the locations and hours of operation of Census operations.
- Write and edit technical information about statistics and federal programs into clear, concise text for media, the public and/or internal audiences.
- Speak Spanish in order to make and answer calls that may come from the Spanish population and organizations that service the Spanish community in the Area Census Office (ACO) geographical area.
- Present information to audiences that predominately speak Spanish and translate and develop targeted information and promotional materials from Spanish to English and English to Spanish
50% or less - Position requires 25% local travel and 25% overnight travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540846500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.