THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a General Supply Specialist, Position Description Number D1958000 and is part of the WY 153rd Logistics Readiness Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to provide centralized oversight of critical squadron programs. Measures LRS processes through inventory analysis, surveillance, trends and standards, develops and writes local policy/procedures and performs over the shoulder inspections. Also responsible for all funds management functions including satellite stock fund management in support of unit mission.
(1) Performs analysis on a wide range of technical squadron functions by analyzing historical and current data and identifying deficiencies or potential problems during surveillances or staff assistance visits.
(2) Develops, coordinates, and publishes local supplements and makes recommendations to assist in the development of major command (MAJCOM) supplements to Air Force (AF) manuals and instructions applying to the Standard Base Supply System (SBSS).
(3) Manages the General Support Division (GSD) and monitors the Material Support Division (MSD) of the Air Force Supply Management Activity Group (SMAG) at base level. Develops and maintains trend analysis for stock fund operations and formulates long and short-range projections.
(4) Analyzes and forecasts financial data to the Wing Finance function, Financial Management Board, and Maintenance Group regarding impact of Stock Number User Directory (SNUD) price changes that affect obligations.
(5) Scrutinizes the operations of all Logistics Readiness Squadron functions by conducting internal surveillances. Develops and maintains a schedule for regular and/or periodic surveillance visits to all elements.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540815400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.