This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL FLIGHT EQUIPMENT REPAIRER, Position Description Number D1867000 and is part of the OH 180 Fighter Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.
The position provides diagnostic, analytical, calibration, investigative research, troubleshooting, in-depth inspections, quality control inspections, certification, testing, evaluation, and maintenance or overhaul of all Aircrew Flight Equipment and aircrew chemical defense equipment.Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL FLIGHT EQUIPMENT REPAIRER, WG-4818-10, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Ensures all aircrew flight equipment meets strict airworthiness criteria and that it will sustain combat operations/readiness by inspecting, testing, calibrating, certifying, diagnostic evaluating, troubleshooting, repairing/replacing, assembling and disassembling all Aircrew Flight Equipment, aircrew chemical/biological defense equipment, and aircraft ejection/non-ejection systems.
(2) Conducts formal academic classroom and technical instruction for all pilots, aircrew, passengers (aircraft maintenance personnel, dignitaries, civilian search and rescue agencies, etc.) on: Global Survival, Combat Search and Rescue Training; Water Survival Training; High Risk Isolation (HRI); Ejection/Non-ejection Seat Egress Training; Emergency Parachute Procedural Descent Training, utilizing a state of the art virtual reality trainer; Aircrew Chemical Defense Equipment, utilizing the Aircrew Eye Respiratory Protection System (AERPS), which is an aircraft-integrated, self-contained oxygen and filtration system with aircraft-integrated electronics, communications and oxygen capabilities; Aircrew Chemical/Biological Control Area Decontamination procedures; and Aircrew Chemical Defense task qualification training.
(3) Utilizes, maintains, and updates multiple computer main frame programs/data bases to analyze, troubleshoot, schedule, and maintain inspection and accountability reports/documentation on all aircrew/aircraft life support and aircrew chemical-biological defense equipment.
(4) Utilizes Equipment and Financial Processing Systems. Reviews Allowance Source Codes and Fed log and initiates and sends supply documents. Coordinates with SBSS, Equipment Managers, Contracting offices, Resource Advisors, Financial Working Groups, Financial Management Board, and Depot Level Repairable (DLR) analyst. Establishes and reviews equipment documents (R-14, DO4, M30, etc). Maintains equipment management, control, accountability, supply accounts (chemical warfare, DLR, non-fly), supply tracking logs, and separate funding accounts. Prepares annual Financial Plans (FIN), manages funding for Budget Execution Review (BER) II and III. Establishes and maintains bench-stock accounts, listings, tracking logs.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D1867000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540653100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.